Last updated: 29 November 2018
At Eternal Bloom, your privacy matters, and we are committed to protecting it. Our policy on how we deal with your personal information is set out below.
Why We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Personal Information
We collect, use and disclose your personal information so that we can effectively provide our services to you. Sometimes, collection, use or disclosure of certain types of personal information may also be mandated by law, for example for record keeping purposes.
We will only collect, use or disclose your personal information if it is necessary for the legitimate purposes of conducting our business. We will never sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties for financial gain.
Some of the legitimate business purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your personal information include:
- To provide products or services to you;
- To process your quotes, orders or purchases that you submit online or in person;
- To share your personal information with our related entities or third parties engaged by us (such as IT contractors) where it is directly relevant to our provision of products or services to you;
- To exchange correspondence with you;
- To answer queries or provide information requested by you (including marketing and promotional material where you have consented to receiving them);
- To maintain an internal record of our communications and business dealings with you;
- To deal with any complaints or disputes; and
- To comply with any relevant law or regulation.
You will always be free to choose whether or not you provide any part of your personal information to us. This includes where you choose to deal with us anonymously or through use of a pseudonym. However, for legal and practical reasons, we may be unable to provide you with certain services without collecting particular types of personal information from you.
Types of Personal Information that We Collect
Personal information can be any information or opinion that is about you or that can reasonably be ascertained to be about you.
Examples of the types of personal information that we may collect include:
- Your name;
- Your contact details such as address, phone number or email;
- Your IP address or device identifier; and
- Geolocation data from your electronic device.
We do not collect any sensitive information such as health information, racial or ethnic origin or religious beliefs.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so. Ways that we collect personal information from you include:
- When you provide information to us through forms, applications or social media;
- When you communicate with or send correspondence to us;
- Through your purchase of products or services from us; and
- Through your use and access of our website.
We will collect personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. If we do collect your personal information from a third party, we will only do so when we have your consent or if we are otherwise required or permitted to do so without your consent by law.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have a right to request access to your personal information collected and held by us. This includes the right to:
- ask us what information we hold about you;
- receive a copy of your personal information that we hold; and
- have your personal information held by us corrected or updated.
However, in some circumstances we may refuse access to your personal information. This includes where:
- you fail to supply us with sufficient identification information for us to verify your identity or your authority to access someone else’s personal information;
- giving access may pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual or the public in general; and
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals.
Overseas Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We do not disclose personal information collected by us to overseas recipients outside of Australia. However, some of our data servers on which personal information is stored may be located outside of Australia.
Security and Data Retention
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps necessary to protect the personal information collected by us. This includes physical security measures on our premises and electronic security measures such as firewalls, anti-virus, password restrictions and data encryption.
Complaints and Contact Information
If you have any queries, concerns, feedback or complaint regarding your personal information, please contact us by sending a message addressed to our Privacy Officer through our contact form.
We will endeavour to respond to you as soon as reasonably practicable, and in any event within 30 days. In the case of a complaint, we may request further information from you before being able to deal with the complaint. We will endeavour to let you know our decision with respect to the complaint within 30 days of receiving all relevant information, including further information that we may request. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.